Surfacing estimator urgently required for our client who is one of the UKs leading raod planing and surfacing specialist.
As Surfacing Estimator You Will:
To assist the Business Manager in delivery of the business plan, maintaining and growing the existing customer base, securing new and profitable work by maximizing the commercial value of contracts. Ensure that all requirements of the accounting calendar are met and KPI’s achieved whilst at all times protecting the Company’s risk and overall interests.
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal relationships with all customers to identify business opportunities across functionally for all companies within the group.
- Entertain, where appropriate, to develop effective relationships.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences and develop relationships whether tactical or strategic ensuring that the company are appraised of additional opportunities. Provide feedback and information.
- Seek opportunities for the Company to exploit in its bid to develop and grow in line with the 5 year Business Plan.
- Generate quotes/leads ensuring all contracts are profitable if not to provide remedial solutions.
- Produce monthly reports to monitor quote volume and success.
- Ensure all tender enquiries are submitted in the timescale specified or sooner if possible.
- Produce quarterly projections of future workloads.
- Ensure all aspects of the Group Health and Safety policy and activity is implemented consistently.
- Ensure client and associated companies are represented in a professional manner.
- The above list is not exhaustive and you will be expected to perform tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the overall business objectives.
- In order to assist you in carrying out your duties the General Manager will review with you the performance of the above duties and provide any help and assistance needed.
The succesful candidate will have previous experience working in construction and / or highways.