We are looking for a Chartered Infrastructure Engineer who would like to join an organisation where they can have exposure and work on a variety of projects with an excellent internal promotion route providing a clear pipeline for progression.Competitive Salary and Benefits:
We review our salaries twice a year and apply a personal approach to rewarding staff on good performance. We offer a contributory pension scheme and life insurance alongside a generous holiday allowance of up to 26 days. We also offer a discounted health cash plan which can assist with a number of every day medical costs e.g. dental and optical.Academic Requirements:
We are looking for our ideal candidate to have a Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (or Equivalent) and be Chartered or working towards with the ICE (institute of Civil Engineers).Job Responsibilities:
- The design of drainage and road infrastructure for residential and commercial developments.
- A knowledge of software packages such as Auto CAD,MicroDrainage and PDS.
- The preparation and review of drawings and detailing of the systems designed,
- Report writing and preparation of design quotes,
- The supervision of a team and the checking and signing off of work,
- The coordination of work with engineers of other disciplines, To attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them, in particular local authorities, water companies and the environment agency, Project management with good commercial and financial awareness of project costings.
We work on a variety of projects ranging from Commercial and Retail, High Rise and Low Rise Housing Developments and Public Buildings. Some of our most recent projects have been with Sheffield University, Sheffield Children’s Hospital, Tata Steel, Sheffield Wednesday Football Club and Sheffield United alongside many of the major house builders. We pride ourselves on longstanding relationships with many of our clients who enjoy our personaland reactive service.Our Client:
Employing around 80 staff across two offices, we have one of the lowest voluntary turnover rates within our sector at 8% in 2016. As well as the below average staff turnover, our average length of service is 10 years with some of our more senior staff having worked here for over 35 years. We are proud of the fact that when people join our organisation, they don’t tend to leave.