Customer Service Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Type: Permanent, full-time
Our client who is based in Bridgwater have a newly created opportunity for an experienced Customer Service Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the role
To effectively manage Customer requirements whilst ensuring the Company's objectives are fulfilled. To support the Customer Liaison, Sales, Innovations, Production, Quality, Logistics, Finance and Procurement teams to achieve the optimum performance for the company. Manage key accounts to ensure success, develop and sustain good relationships with a view to increasing sales revenue.
This role requires excellent communication and customer service skills, and the ability to manage projects. Able to understand work flow and processes to deliver improvements and rationalisation that will enhance customer experience and delivery and develop and support the Customer Liaison team.
A methodical but tenacious person and who sees things through to the end, strives for excellence and is not satisfied with good.
Scope and purpose
· Manage the day to day Customer Service function and team
· Process Sales Orders accurately by telephone and e-mail, in accordance with the Company’s processes.
· Data handling, entry and export through the company’s in-house system.
· Liaise with Operations, Quality and Sales to resolve and process customer enquiries
· Origination – Enter all enquiries accurately with full Customer requirements and details, pass information to relevant next step or appropriate contact.
· Contacting new and existing customers in order to follow up recommendations, introductions, and follow up to leads.
· Manage Key accounts as directed
· Manage internal processes & customer forecasts as required
· Accurately maintain price lists and delivery specification documents - as required.
· Support the Sales team by providing Customer requested information i.e. sales literature, Technical Specifications, appropriate certification details.
· Deal with and where possible resolve Customer Service issues, resolve or escalate problems to the correct level or appropriate contact.
· Resolve all complaints and/or queries when possible and escalate to the appropriate function when required.
· Manage third party services to ensure prompt delivery of finished goods to customers
· Create and distribute reports related to customer service performance and order management e.g. order progress
Customer Service Focus - Constantly deliver quality service which meets the customer‘s expectations. Build rapport to understand customer’s needs, constantly trying to exceed customers’ expectations.
Planning and Organising - Establishes a course of action for self and others to accomplish goals, able to prioritise work effectively and doesn’t get easily distracted. Able to deliver actions on time to make good on promises.
Attention to detail - Is concerned to ensure the accuracy and quality of work and information. Maintains watchfulness over a period of time, implements process and checks to ensure work is of the highest standard.
Adaptability and Flexibility - Effectively adapting to varying environments, responsibilities or people while maintaining effectiveness. Embraces change and actively seeks process improvement.
Teamwork - Is willing to participate as a full member of a team, supporting and thinking of others and working to the greater good.
· Working in customer service roles with direct customer contact.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment
· Understanding of and experienced in a Quality controlled environment
· Ability to act proactively and with limited direct supervision.
· Possess the Interpersonal skills necessary to sustain effective relationships with colleagues and customers and suppliers at all levels.
· Demonstrate the ability to work accurately with detailed information in a tight time frame
· Ability to work to deadlines with flexibility and enthusiasm
Salary dependent on experience from £30k to £35k.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.