Learning & Development Advisor
Location: Wellington, United Kingdom
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Type: Permanent, full-time
Change Recruitment are exclusively partnering with a leading Care provider to manage the recruitment of a Learning & Development Advisor to join their business on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting time to be joining the organisation within a newly created role, reporting to the newly appointed National Learning & Development Manager where you will be responsible for ensuring all learning within the South West region is identified, designed and effectively implemented. As the Learning & Development Advisor, you will be responsible for delivering a significant proportion of the training yourself to include; medication awareness, dementia and general Health & Safety. As this is a regional role, a significant amount of travel will be required to various sites across the region.
Although an office in Wellington has been identified as a suitable "home office", the location is flexible across the region due to the variety of sites and requirement to be travelling between sites.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
· Work in partnership with the Regional Director and the leadership team to identify learning requirements to meet the needs of the services
· Identify the most effective and efficient way of delivering the learning
· Design, construct and structure learning resources to meet the needs of the region
· Organise the delivery of learning within the region (primarily mandatory learning such as health and safety training)
· Deliver a substantial element of the training personally, in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) where necessary
· Support with the procurement of suitable external providers and ensure delivery of provider learning is to the required standard
· Promote health and safety initiatives and good practice and a commitment to continuous improvement
· Record and report on completion of mandatory training for the region
· Develop an expert understanding of health and safety issues in respect of housing and care services as per policies and procedures
· Use a range of communication methods to engage with staff
· Help ensure that changes in legislation are applied through awareness raising, implementation, good practice guidance and training as directed by the health and safety manager
· Set up systems to promote and support learning transfer and evaluate the effectiveness of training delivered with a view to continuous improvement
· Promote and maximise attendance at mandatory training events through a variety of communication media
· Manage (via the LMS) the scheduling of all internal mandatory training courses – following the end-to-end process from venue booking, trainer/supplier availability, delegate invites, course confirmations and record of attendance
· Track training activity to ensure delegates receive fair notice of their requirement to attend at a location within a ‘reasonable’ distance of their work-place and ensure any issues of non-attendance are flagged to their line manager promptly
Experience of operating within the Care sector would be highly advantageous, however isn't essential. You will bring with you a recognised Training qualification such as Train the Trainer of Preparing to Teach in the life long learning sector (PTLLS) now known as Level 3 Award in Education and Training. You will also possess NEBOSH General Certification or equivalent and a current First Aid at Work certificate.
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary of £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience, 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday, Scottish Widows Pension (employer contributes 6%).
For more information on this fantastic opportunity, please submit your details now.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.