Location: Taunton, United Kingdom
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Type: Contract, full-time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a leading drinks manufacturer as their Finance Manager on a maternity cover from early-mid January 2019 for a period of 6-9 months.
Reporting directly into the Managing Director, you will be assuming the most senior Finance role with the business and requires a qualified (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) individual with experience of operating in a manufacturing environment. With a turnover of nearly £4.5million, our client has seen significant growth over recent years.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
· Prepare monthly management accounts for the manufacturing and retail aspects of the business, including closing off ledgers, inter-company recharges, reviewing nominals and making necessary journals to ensure accurate reporting
· Prepare month sales report, turning anticipated sales into actual sales month by month and showing total sales values and margin on a rolling basis against projections. Attending and presenting financial information on board meetings
· Manage monthly business forecasts and budgeting and to update figures to actuals, showing and investigating variances
· Managing costings including updating direct costs and selling costs to ensure accuracy of product costs and margins
· Prepare ad-hoc reports for management and sales team
· Review industry specific tax reporting (HMRC duty returns) on a monthly basis
· Prepare and review quarterly VAT returns (including preparation and submission of EC Sales Lists)
· Check and approve payments to suppliers, the payment of wages on a weekly basis and taxes
· Produce a debt collection list and to follow up with Debt Controller on any overdue invoices
· Maintain the Sage 200 accounting system, including setting up new product codes, nominal codes, price lists etc
· Recalculate product prices to reflect inflation and / or duty increases, should they arise, and to amend prices on Sage and Price Lists
Our client is looking to consider candidates seeking full-time (37.5 hours per week) or part-time (30 hours per week) to provide a strong leadership function, to a small, yet highly effective finance team who assist with accounts and bookkeeping. Due to the size of the function, it is essential that the successful applicant becomes involved in these areas to mitigate against any unexpected absence.
Our client is offering a competitive salary which can be guided by the candidate’s experience, 33 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, free parking and a range of additional benefits.
With a flexible start date of early-mid January, our client is looking to conduct interviews over the coming weeks to ensure an offer is made and accepted ahead of the New Year.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.