A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a HR Advisor to join our manufacturing client in Ilchester (Somerset) on a permanent basis. Reporting directly into the HR Manager, the successful applicant will possess a minimum CIPD Level 5 and have extensive experience operating within a fast-moving generalist HR capacity.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the HR department and providing an effect support to the HR Manager in terms of driving and improving HR practices and procedures.Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Meeting with departmental managers on a continued basis, providing HR advice and coaching on people related matters
- Providing managers with procedural advice on employment law related matters
- Contributing to the development of the HR Business Plan each year, then taking ownership of agreed tasks and delivering them
- Ensuring all payroll reports and HMRC routines are completed on time and within targeted accuracy levels
- Ensure all personnel files are maintained and updated in accordance with Home Office, Immigration (right to work due diligence), Data Protection Act and GDPR, as well as retailer ethical audits.
- Ensure all the company benefits are properly maintained and administered in a timely manner. (Pension Scheme, LTS Scheme , Simply Health PHI and Cash Plan Scheme. Life Assurance Scheme, P11D/P46(Car)/NIC Class A
- Absence Management – Working in conjunction with the department managers and SMT as required, ensuring the business maintains its HR KPI levels. This includes having a structure plan in place with review dates for anyone on LTS (Over two weeks absence)
- H & S: Ensure all accidents are appropriately investigated and all RIDDOR’s are reported within required timescales.
- H & S: Ensure the delivery of the existing H & S Plans.
- H & S Awareness – Write and deliver a program of H & S initiatives that bring H & S to life
- Owning, Coordinating and delivering the implementation of the CSR plan.
- Advise the HR & CSR Manager on any necessary policy changes as needed, and update the company policies as required. Ensuring all company policies are up to date in line with best practice and UK Law
- Recruitment – Ensure all proactive and imaginative steps are taken to recruit all required staff, ensuring the staff are recruited in line with company practices and meet the recruitment timing targets, this to include, but not limited to Assessment Centres, open days, recruitment events.
- Recruitment – Ensure all new starters have a detailed induction in place.
- Ensure exit interviews are carried out with all resignations, producing a bi-annual report detailing evidence and recommended actions.
- Cover responsibilities for other HR team positions as required.
- Employee Engagement – Manage the Employee forum, currently known as the BIG Group.
- Employee Engagement - Manage and run the Social Committee ensuring you hit the relevant KPI’s in regards to engagement and number of events run.
- Employee Engagement – Manage and run monthly and quarterly articles to engage the workforce with the aim of achieving the HR Plan.
- Employee Relations – Ensure all statutory meetings relating to Maternity, Flexible working, Investigation, Disciplinary’s, Grievance’s, OH etc are held within reasonable timescales and are documented and signed for at the time of the meeting, then retained for the appropriate timings.
- Learning and Development – Ensure all graduates and apprentices have a development plan in place.
- Learning & Development – Assist the HR & CSR Manager in ensuring all functions have a succession plan in place for key colleagues.
- Learning & Development – In conjunction with the L & D Advisor - Ensure a management development programme is in place to ensure front line managers are living the Values and Goals.
- Performance Management – Ensure all staff identified as underperforming, have an EDP in place (Working with the L & D Advisor as required) and are reviewed at the appropriate timings
- Performance Management – Ensure all staff receive their 3 month and probationary period sign off meetings. Where required, include
- CSR – Organise and attend the required amount of community initiatives.
- CSR – Write or contribution towards 3rd Party awards as part of promoting the business
Our client is seeking an individual who has proven experience of operating within a generalist HR capacity, combined with a minimum CIPD Level 5 qualification.
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary of £28,000 - £32,000 depending on experience plus a range of additional benefits.
This is a phenomenal opportunity that doesn’t come up very often. To express an interest, please apply now.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.