Production Supervisor (Days / Shifts)
Location: Taunton, United Kingdom
Salary: £30,000 - £36,000 per annum
Type: Permanent, full-time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Taunton based client, a leading specialist manufacturing business on a permanent basis as a Production Supervisor.
This role is available for an individual seeking either day-time (Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:45 / Friday 08:00 – 12:00) work or shift work (Monday – Thursday 06:00 – 13:45 or 13:15 – 21:00 / Friday 06:00 – 13:15 or 12:45 – 20:00).
As the Production Supervisor you will be responsible for the safety and productivity of all production employees on the designated shift. You will be accountable for ensuring that the production scheduled for completion is executed in a timely manner and within all quality parameters. Additionally, you will constantly analyse the work processes and seek ways to work with the team to improve, making better use of materials, machines and manpower.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
· Accomplish manufacturing results
· Ensure a principle of ‘never pass on bad work’ is adopted
· Maintain work flow
· Maintain quality
· Manage overtime requests
· Investigate staff issues
· Maintain safe and clean working environment
· Investigate and report incidents
· Take a lead on the continuous development and improvement of standardised work procedures
· Work with Engineering department in the implementation and evaluation of improvement experiments
· Facilitating corrections to malfunctions
· Lead on problem solving meetings
· Identify team members’ performance and skills gaps
· Conduct and record annual appraisals
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge
This role would be well suited to an experienced individual with a relevant background in a leadership capacity within a Production environment. You will need to lead by example, bringing with you experience of all operations or the ability to quickly pick up processes. Experience of CAD / CAM – Delcam PowerShape / Declam PowerMill is highly desirable.
In return our client is offering a competitive salary of up to £35,000 depending on skills and experience. You will be entitled to 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, BUPA cover, Contributory pension after successful probationary period, Free life assurance equal to 4 x salary.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.