Our established client, based near Portishead, is currently searching for a Management Accountant to join their current team. The purpose of this role is to support the general activities of the Finance Team as required, including the supervision of the Accounts Assistants.
Duties to include;
- Prepare monthly management accounts for the UK trading companies so that financial information can be provided to Investors and the management team
- Oversight and maintenance of nominal ledger accounts and performance of control account reconciliations to ensure the integrity of data used to produce management accounts
- Assist the Finance Manager in preparing for the annual audit ensuring that relevant and accurate information is available enabling satisfactory completion of the audit
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets to aid an efficient and accurate budgeting process
- Act as a point of contact for financial queries and issues from the wider business, in order to provide a good service to internal customers
- Responsible for treasury management and cash transaction processing so as to ensure that financial information includes all relevant transactions and we are able to meet bank covenants
- Responsible for inventory control so that the business has an accurate stock value and can appropriately manage products
- Supervise the work of the more junior members of the team and provide coaching and mentoring as required so as to ensure a high level of support and performance within the team
- Support continuous improvement through identifying and suggesting changes and being proactive in implementing once agreed so that processes are efficient
- Assist the Finance Manager in any ad hoc projects as required in order to support improvement of the department in line with business requirements
The successful candidate will be part qualified with either CIMA, ACCA or ACA, have at least 3 years accounts experience including preparation of monthly management accounts and transaction processing, as well as strong Excel skills (including use of pivot tables).
You will also need to be a good communicator both in articulating particular issues they are facing but also in explaining issues to more junior staff members, and/or non-financially aware colleagues. Good analytical and problem-solving skills will also be hugely important.
This is a full time, permanent position, offering £26,000 - £34000 per annum depending on experience. Standard hours are 8:00 – 16:30 (or 8:30 – 17:00). There is also an annual bonus, as well as parking on site.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.