1st Line Help Desk Engineer
Location: Taunton, United Kingdom
Salary: £15,000 - £19,000 per annum
Type: Permanent, full-time
A fantastic operation has arisen to join a rapidly growing Taunton based business as a 1st Line Help Desk Engineer on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for ensuring proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
· Manage incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and email
· Document relevant end user information
· Gain an understanding through questioning details from customers
· Prioritise and schedule problems, escalating when required to 2nd and 3rd line engineers
· Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
· Perform fixes at the user desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, and configuring systems and applications
· Perform preventative maintenance, including checking of workstations, printers and peripherals
· Test to ensure issues have been adequately resolved
· Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests
· Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions for end users
This role would be well suited to an individual with knowledge of basic computer hardware, including PC, printers, laptop and tablets. You will have experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows. In addition, you will need to possess excellent communication (written and verbal) skills as well as having an exceptional customer service approach combined with strong questioning skills.
It’s a brilliant time to be joining our client. You will be offered lots of training and development opportunities as well as career progression.
To express an interest, please apply now!
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.