Location: LANGPORT, United Kingdom
Salary: £26,000 - £35,000 per annum
Type: Permanent, full-time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Environmental Manager to join our client in Langport (Somerset) on a permanent basis. The majority of your time will be based in Langport, however travel will be required to another site in Dorset twice a week.
Reporting directly into the Site General Manager, you will be responsible for implementing, coordinating and managing the Environmental policies and procedures of our client to agreed Group standards. In addition, you will be managing the site compliance with the applicable statutory regulations and requirements, providing guidance, advice and training where required.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
· Advise and provide information to site Management ensuring compliance with statutory requirements
· Ensure there is an effective waste management and environmental management programme and improvement plan
· Monitor KPI and communicate achievements against targets to management and staff
· Address any failures against KPI achievement and make recommendations to sire management for ways to address and improve performance
· Carry out audits as required
· Be familiar with legislation and quality standards and make recommendations for improvement at a local or group level
· Ensure all Environmental matters are communicated effectively to all staff
· Liaise with HR to ensure Environmental initiatives and issues are incorporated into the organisational training plan
· Write reports when required
· Maintain own CPD
Ideally you will have a proven background involving production in a similar environment or a background in Environmental management in other sectors. You will be familiar with reviewing reports and formulating conclusions and arriving at recommendations derived from the evidence reviewed. You will understand legislation and how this impacts upon the company operations and be prepared to be able negotiate with Managers and staff to resolve the issues while staying compliant with legislation and statutory requirements and achieving company objectives.
Although no formal qualifications are required for this post, an in-depth understanding of ISO 14001 is required.
Our client is offering a competitive salary with a basic salary of up to £35,000 – however there is some negotiation on this for the right candidate. The hours will be Monday to Friday 07:00 – 17:00.
Your time will be split between two sites; 3 days a week you will be based in Langport with the other 2 days situated at a site in Dorset.
Our client is looking to move quickly, therefore to express an interest, please apply now!
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.