Location: Wells, United Kingdom
Salary: £23,000 - £25,500 per annum
Type: Permanent, full-time
Our client who is based in Wells are looking for an Accounting Technician to join them on a permanent basis. This role reports into the Financial Accountant and involves assisting with processing and analysing accounting transactions to ensure that the monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts are correctly reflected.
Mainly dealing with the reconciliation of the organisations bank accounts, calculation and posting of journals to ensure that the company’s income and expenditure are correctly reflected, along with reconciliation of key Balance Sheet accounts and identifying and resolving issues on a timely basis.
This role will also involve assisting the Financial Accountant with the delivery of other statutory and regulatory requirements.
1. Weekly and monthly reconciliation of multiple bank accounts
2. Posting and reconciliation of monthly payroll journals
3. Monthly accounting adjustments for accruals, prepayments, deferred and accrued income, and intra-school recharges
4. Monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts, highlighting and resolving any identified issues on a timely basis.
5. Maintaining master data on the finance system (PSF)
6. Reconciliation of key income streams
7. Returns and funding claims to the ESFA and HMRC
8. Loading and reconciling budgets into the Finance system from the budgeting software
9. Assisting in the compilation of Quarterly reporting and budget packs
10. Creation of Fixed Assets and running of monthly depreciation
11. Supporting the Finance Assistant during any absence to include raising purchase orders, processing central invoices, payment runs, petty cash, procurement card and bank administration.
12. Other ad-hoc financial analysis and project support as required.
The successful candidate will have the ability to be able to use your initiative to be able to proactively manage situations and challenges that arise.
Ability to act and make decisions within the remit of this role in the absence of the Financial Accountant and Financial Controller.
Able to prioritise effectively to deal with the delivery of multiple deadlines
Previous experience in a similar role. AAT qualified (or equivalent) or QBE. Good numeracy and literacy skills, good interpersonal skills, attention to detail with an eye for accuracy. Good IT skills, able to use Excel to an intermediate level with the ability to manipulate date and use pivot tables and lookups to analyse and upload data.
If you would like to be considered for this role please send your cv to me today.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.