Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Type: Permanent, full-time
Change Recruitment have been engaged by a specialist engineering organisation, who have recently moved to new premises in Bridgwater due to their continued growth to manage the recruitment of a Mechanical Design Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for the design and development of components, sub-assemblies and complete equipment systems that meet agreed customer specifications on time and within budget and to deliver a full set of engineering drawings and bill of materials for all designs.
Involved in the design, engineering and manufacturing of both automated and manual machinery for operation across the Aerospace, Nuclear and Extrusion industries amongst others, this is an exciting role for an individual looking to take the next step in their career.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
· Provide a mechanical design service to the company creating detailed fabrication and manufacturing drawings
· Undertake mechanical design activities as required for new equipment and modify existing designs
· Prepare concept drawings to obtain quotations and basic costings
· Using SolidWorks, prepare a full set of drawings and BOMs for all designs
· Ensure all designs comply with best design codes of practice as well as meeting specifications, requirements, objectives and safety standards
· Take the design lead on projects from the Design, Build and testing of automated machines
· Travel to site where the machines are built as required to assist with design related issues
· Support the project manager until completion of all related tasks
· Produce technical documentation and operation manuals for machines.
The design team work closely together with an open approach to knowledge sharing between individuals. In addition, you will be supporting graduate design engineers with their continuous development.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation who are going though a period of continued growth.
Our client is offering a highly competitive salary of up to £35,000 depending on experience, 20 days annual leave increasing by 1 day per year up to a maximum of 25 days, pension after 3 month probationary period (employer 2.5%) and free on-site parking.
For more information or to express an interest, please apply now.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.