Sales Office Manager
Location: Taunton, United Kingdom
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Type: Permanent, full-time
A brilliant opportunity has arisen to join one of our fantastic clients on the outskirts of Taunton as their Sales Office Manager on a permanent basis.
Reporting directly into the Directors, you will be responsible for the smooth and effective running of the Sales Office to ensure customer orders are delivered on time and in full, as well as investigation and resolution of customer queries, management reporting, recruitment and training.
In addition, you will be building and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels from the Board, Production, Manufacturing, Export, Warehouse etc. A number of our clients’ products are manufactured to order; therefore, you will need to liaise clearly and effectively with all stakeholders to ensure customer expectations are met.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
· Provide leadership in respect of sales activity
· Ensuring all orders and inputted and prioritised using the SAGE stock management system
· Increase sales through cross and up-selling techniques, including promotional campaigns
· Ensure team members are appropriately trained and supported in order to increase sales
· Actively provide the link between the Field Sales team and the Head Office business.
· Obtain query details from the customer and using investigative procedures to identify the root cause and agree resolutions with the customer. This will include working with colleagues, both within the office and warehouse environments, where applicable
· Work closely with all departments to ensure orders are processed in order of priority
· Review courier services in consultation with Finance
· Allocating orders according to the information provided by the warehouse despatch team, raising invoices using SAGE
· Attend sales and product meetings, cascading appropriately to team members
· Ensure the Office Team maintain regular and fluent communication with other departments internally to ensure on time in full delivery of orders, as well as with customers and other service providers.
· Liaise with Purchasing, Marketing and Operations to guide the Office Team to drive for increased sales, through up and cross-selling and via promotional campaigns.
· Promote and attend regular meetings with Line Manager, Marketing, Field Sales, and Exports in order to agree priorities, promotional, sales and training activities.
· Ensure delivery of KPI's as agreed with the Line Manager, monitoring and managing the success of individual team members.
· Use reporting methods to ensure invoices are raised and updated accurately and on time, to aid the smooth running of the Accounts function.
· Maintain, review and investigate customer query reports, ensuring regular updates are provided to the management team for review and discussion.
This role would be well suited to a proven leader with experience of operating as Manager or Team Leader within a Sales and Customer Service setting. You will need the proven ability to engage effectively with all levels of stakeholders within the organisation in relation to manufacturing planning and timescales to be able to provide a comprehensive service to customers about order and delivery timescales. Knowledge of a Warehousing and Manufacturing function is highly desirable as you will be required to allocate resources effectively to ensure Customer expectations are realised.
In return, our client is offering a highly competitive salary of £25,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience, holiday entitlement of 23 days plus bank holidays, flexible start / finish times and other additional benefits.
Our client is currently redesigning their office premises, with an anticipated completion of early / mid-September with an anticipated start once this project is completed.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.