Location: Willand, United Kingdom
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Type: Permanent, full-time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Supervisor to join a leading B2B Distributor in Devon. This is a great opportunity for an individual with proven Warehouse Operations experience to blend their operational skills with their people management skills to coach and motivate staff to boost both individual and business performance and productivity.
Reporting directly into the Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the warehouse operations to ensure the provision of a professional goods storage dispatch service to customers, encompassing both speed and accuracy.
You will be joining a Warehouse Operation that is excess of 250,000sq ft, with nearly 10,000 product lines and nearly 100,000 SKU’s. Managing a number of shifts throughout the week, you will be working closely with 9 Team Leaders and managing an overall workforce of c.100 warehouse operatives.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
· Supervise and coordinate Warehouse staff to ensure safe and efficient operation of all Warehouse functions.
· Ensure that goods are received and stored in an efficient and economical manner and maintain required records in conformance with company policy.
· Supervise the proper picking and preparing of orders for dispatch and delivery in accordance with customer instructions.
· Plan and schedule all inventory activities, operate within agreed budgets and ensure that delivery times are met.
· Review, monitor and maintain required documents for safety, security and quality processes.
· Maintain the security and safety of Warehouse and grounds to ensure staff and facilities are protected, including taking responsibility as a key holder.
· Analyse data to make operational decisions.
· Enforce policies, procedures and methods that improve operational efficiency and communicate results to management in other operational areas.
· Ensure a strong workforce by assisting in hiring, training, scheduling, motivating and supervising Warehouse staff, taking part in disciplinary action when necessary.
· Verify that forklift/truck operators are within regulatory compliance, supervise and schedule maintenance of company MHE and maintain a preventive maintenance program to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff.
· To ensure daily shift briefings are carried out by team leaders/IC’s or deliver them yourself to Warehouse staff to communicate and keep them up to date with targets, performance and Company information.
· Monitor and support the various team leaders/ICs within their area of operation.
· Monitor rest breaks to ensure the frequency and duration are within set parameters.
· Ensure the site is secured at the end of shift.
· In conjunction with HR, monitor staff productivity and accuracy and carryout performance reviews with team members.
· Take on any other responsibilities or tasks are within your skills and abilities whenever reasonably asked.
This role would be well suited to an experienced Warehousing professional who is looking to utilise their leadership and management experience within a fantastic organisation. Ideally you will have experience of operating in a Supervisory of Management capacity with experience of an operation with a significant focus on next day delivery.
In return, our client is offering a highly competitive salary of £30,000 - £35,000, with some additional flexibility on the salary if required and excellent benefits package. You will be working 40 hours over the course of the week, which will consist of 3 late shifts (c.13:00 – 23:00) and 1 early shift (c.08:00 – 18:00).
Our client is looking to move quickly on this vacancy, therefore to be considered, please apply now.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.