Change Recruitment are currently assisting a growing business with the recruitment of a Test Technician (Telecoms Networking).
The Test Technician is responsible for the testing of Networking and Telecoms equipment to ensure proper functionality before the product is sold and shipped to a customer. Responsibilities include accurately following official test processes and procedures as specified and described in the Test Procedures Manual. The Test Technician will occasionally work with Sales personnel to solve technical issues related with a Sales or Purchase order.
- Make sure all equipment is tested accordingly with the official test procedures
- Accurately Record all testing information in CRM
- Make sure equipment has all components that are needed to make it work.
- Assure that all orders are tested in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area for the test department.
- Provide suggestions on how to improve test procedures and efficiency and adapt to the changing needs of the test room
- When there are no Sales Orders to be processed, the Test Technician shall proceed to pre-test items in Inventory.
- Make sure all pre-test equipment has all parts to equipment ready to ship.
- Occasionally assist sales with questions about equipment operations.
- Occasionally assist sales with locating hardware for their orders.
- Occasionally explain test procedure to Sale personnel if needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Must be willing to gain in-depth networking knowledge through different certifications
- Will preferably have some knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel and/or Ciena hardware, although this is not essential
- Will have strong communication skills, both in writing and orally.
- Shows initiative in gaining in-depth experience in areas of technology relevant to testing of company products.
- Shows initiative in gaining theoretical knowledge in software testing.
- This role offers a great opportunity for someone to join a growing business and develop their career in this field. Full training and support will be provide, but you will need to demonstrate an interest in ICT Networking and have some understanding of this or testing.
Working hours: Monday-Friday, 0800-1700 (1 hour for lunch)
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.