Salary: £38,000 - £42,000 per annum
Type: Permanent, full-time
Change Recruitment are currently working with a Manufacturing business looking to appoint a Financial Accountant. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for the maintenance of all accounting records, cash flow, procedure/process development, tax management and internal audit.
This role offers the chance to work within a very visible role within the company, reporting into board room level. You will need a strong financial accounting background and be an ACCA/ACA qualified accountant. This opportunity is open to applicants from either a commercial accounting or Accountancy Practice background, so if you are looking to take on your first commercial accounting role out of practice this could be the ideal opportunity.
Duties for this role include:
· To provide high quality and timely consolidated monthly management accounts and commentary for review by the financial controller including profit & loss accounts, balance sheets, cash flows and variance analysis.
· To prepare the quarterly forecast balance sheets and cash flows for all group companies and the consolidation for the whole group and continually develop and improve the forecasting processes.
· Production of annual statutory accounts
· To prepare the annual budgeted balance sheets and cash flows for all group companies and the consolidation for the whole group.
· Assisting the FC company tax liability (VAT, PAYE, Corporation tax, duty where applicable)
· Maintaining accurate financial accounting records
· Reviewing internal transactional accounting processes and procedures and making improvements where possible
· Reviewing all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
· Producing an annual programme of financial internal audits
· Integrating any new businesses into the group reporting structure
· Managing group banking arrangements
· To mentor and develop an Assistant Financial Accountant working towards their ACCA qualification and an Accountancy Apprentice.
· Ad-hoc reporting projects as required
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and growing business. As such the role offers a generous salary of circa £40k, 25 days holiday, pension plan and parking. Hours are 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.