Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Type: Permanent, full-time
If you are keen to work for a business which is already achieving ambitious acquisition/growth plans, both in the UK and EU, and are a qualified and experienced Management Accountant then this position may be ideal for you.
You will be joining the EU division of the company at a time of expansion and welcomed into a newly created centralised finance function. The aim is to integrate all newly acquired businesses into the group Management Accounting process. You will achieve this by working closely with accounts controllers within the new business in order to gather the required financial data and set up procedures/processes moving forward.
The role you will perform will include production of the monthly management accounts pack (to include elements such as a P&L, Balancesheet and variance reporting) and associated reconciliations and financial performance indicators.
You will need to be happy liaising with individual business managers based across the EU, answering queries and discussing finance related issues.
An outline of some duties are below:
· Main tasks will be sales reconciliation work, ownership and production of business unit P&Ls, balance sheet reconciliations and liaison with the business units on a regular basis.
· Owning specific business unit P&Ls and producing their monthly management accounts to a high level of accuracy
· Working with the team to deliver a comprehensively reconciled balance sheet pack each month
· Providing clear and actionable P&L explanation and commentary to the business support managers each month
· Dealing with business unit queries regarding their results, providing support to the transactional teams to clear their reconciliation differences each month, and ensuring any process issues are picked up and resolved
· Working with the team to ensure current processes are efficient and fit for purpose, and to help identify areas for efficiency gains to support the next phase of growth
· Any other tasks as required
Due to the busy nature of this role, current or previous experience of production of multi site Management Accounts would enable the new person to be up and running quickly within the team. Some exposure to integrating acquired businesses into a shared finance function or EU languages skills would be beneficial but not essential.
An interest in process improvement and increased efficiencies would be of value within this role as the business remains set for continued growth and increased revenue/profit.
Advanced Excel skills will be required for reporting and due to a recent implementation experience of Open Accounts of benefit.
The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background (CIMA/ACCA/ACA/Degree), enjoying working in a busy and constantly changing environment and we happy to travel to the EU if required (possible but not regular).
Based in Bristol, this company offers a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, 5% pension and the opportunity to earn an annual bonus.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.