Our client, a successful SME based in North Somerset, are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the business as the Company Accountant on a Permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a senior management role and add value to the business.
If you are a qualified accountant or nearing the end of your ACCA/ACA/CIMA studies and are looking for a position within a small business including managing a team then this could be the position for you.
Key duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing a team of 5 accounts staff
- Leading and assisting the team in the preparation of accounts for a number of small business units
- Complete all associated reconciliations to ensure accuracy of income and expenditure
- Liaise with reporting accountant to agree accounts and respond to/resolve any queries arising
- Liaise with management company director(s) to approve accounts
- Prepare an annual budget for each business unit to show future anticipated income and expenditure including periodic costs
- Complete and file Corporation Tax returns
- Approve payment of supplier/contractor invoices for all expenditure and process BACS payments
- File Confirmation Statements, checking for PSC’s and meeting all deadlines
- Appointment and resignation of directors; ensure prompt update of directors’ details, registered office etc.
- Attend Directors meetings and AGM’s as required
- Looking into processes and reviewing and amending as necessary to ensure the department is as efficient as possible
Whilst leading a small team you will also be expected to take on a hands on approach and assist in all areas of the accounts function as required.
Within this role you will be responsible for ensuring all rules and regulations are followed including taking on the role of money laundering office and GDPR compliance.
Advanced level of excel is vital, including good knowledge of Sage Line 50 or similar Sage packages.
In return, our client is offering a salary of circa £45,000.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.