Carpet Roles UK are delighted to be assisting their clients, a leading Contractors who are part of a larger Construction and Fit Out Group with their search for a Graduate Assistant Project Manager to assist with the management of Commercial Flooring Contract works with values of £20K up to £500K. We are not focussing purely on experience of Flooring in this instance and consideration will be given to suitably experienced and Qualified candidates from within other Construction related disciplines.
The candidate will be expected to assist at any given time with up to 6 live jobs and will work within our Clients Southern region between roughly Birmingham in the North of the area down to the M4 / M25 in the south.
Duties and responsibilities are not limited but will consist of the following:
- Reporting weekly progress to the Regional Project Manager on a Weekly / Fortnightly basis as agreed.
- Agreeing and issuing a program of works with clients.
- Liaison and Relationship Management with Clients.
- Health & Safety Issues dealt with, monitored and reported as necessary.
- Tool Box Talks.
- Material call off and management (via in house Project coordinators).
Candidates will be expected to have good commercial aptitude, a likeable and approachable character and will have no problems with dealing with clients at every level and have the following attributes:
- A Degree in a Construction related Discipline or be working towards one.
- IT Skills and an up to date knowledge of their various applications in Construction.
- A Keen desire to learn as you work and to develop your career into Project and Senior Management.
- Professional, well presented, articulate and educated.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and the ability to “get along” with people of all backgrounds.
- The ability to work alongside and share workloads with colleagues as well as taking on your own responsibilities and effectively dealing with them.
Salary: Dependent upon experience in the role (c£20-25k to start).
- Private Health Care – (subject to completion of 6 months probation)
- Company Vehicle (Pool car until completion of 6 months probation)
- Company Pension (subject to completion of 6 months probation)
- Home Office Set-up
- IPAD & Company phone
This is great opportunity for someone young and dynamic to join our clients growing team in the region and is an urgent vacancy.
For immediate consideration for this varied and exciting opportunity please apply via the links on this page or for a confidential discussion call Justin Kelly on 0844 4143054.Carpet Roles UK are dedicated Recruiters to the UK Flooring Sector.