Senior Project Manager - Commercial Flooring
Location: London, United Kingdom
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum (Negotiabe Salary + Bonus)
Type: Permanent, full-time
Carpet Roles UK are delighted to be assisting their clients, a leading central London flooring contractors in their search for a Senior Operations / Project Manager.
Our Clients are an award winning, long established and highly successful Commercial Flooring Company operating in Central London and the Home Counties.
Their Customers are typically:
• High End Office Refurbishment Contractors.
• Commercial Developers.
• High End Residential Clients.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to join our clients firm as they continue to grow their Flooring operations
The main duties of the role include:
• Liaise with pre-contracts department and clients to facilitate efficient job hand over on receipt of orders.
• Carry out pre-start site surveys.
• Better buy’ and order materials and labour. Co-ordinate their delivery on time- and site- specific basis.
• Ensure familiarity with site; develop and maintain excellent relationships with site managers and clients.
• Understand site requirements and manage multiple installations.
• Ensure that Health and Safety requirements on site are adhered to at all times.
• Document and process variation orders, using Callidus where required.
• Ensure that projects run to time and on to budget.
• Maintain an efficient projects management system, including Tender analysis file.
• Order materials and allocate and manage labour.
• Handle ad hoc client and team requests.
• Record keeping, filing, managing appointments and correspondence.
• O&M documentation.
• Approve purchase invoice payments.
• Provide prompt and comprehensive hand over to invoicing department on project completion with full cost analysis.
This above is intended as an overview of the role and is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. The successful candidate will need to be flexible in developing the role and in initial and on-going discussions with our clients senior managers.
Our clients Require High Quality and relevant experience in a senior Project Management Position.
Broadly they are seeking:
• Prior experience as a Project Manager in the Commercial Flooring Industry with demonstrated understanding of requirements of role.
• Experience of trade flooring installations.
• Understanding of sub floor preparation.
• Experience liaising with and instructing labour.
• Understanding of electronic drawings.
Back this with excellent “soft” skills like Professionalism, Drive, Integrity and top them with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and you could very well be the person we are seeking!
Our clients are offering a very attractive package in the region of £50k in year one and offer a fantastic opportunity to develop a career in a boutique and successful Contract Flooring Specialist.
For immediate consideration please forward your CV via the link on this page.
Carpet Roles UK are dedicated Recruiters to the UK Flooring Industry.