Carpet Roles UK are delighted to be assisting their clients, a leading South East based Flooring Contractors in their search for an experienced Flooring Estimator.
Established for more than 35 years, a South East based company with a vast client base ranging from health authorities and schools to all kinds of commercial & industrial businesses around London and the wider UK is seeking a Contract Flooring Estimator to join their expanding team. With their wealth of experience and expertise, they can competently undertake projects of all types and sizes in any aspect of flooring.
This role requires a high calibre applicant, with previous experience in the flooring / estimating sector and to have extensive knowledge of all types of flooring including timber, laminate, vinyl, linoleum, carpet, carpet tiles and ceramics etc. to work within our clients estimating team.
You will be joining a division of our clients business specialising in pricing high specification, high rise residential projects. Therefore we are looking for candidates who are used to looking at the detail on these types of projects and used to the level of drawings involved in putting together these types of bids. Our clients are working on a number of landmark schemes ranging from 100-800 units within London and the person will be a key part of our future business growth so looking for a high calibre candidate to hit the ground running.
As an Estimator you will be responsible for dealing with our clients portfolio of large volume clients and handling all aspects of setting up Estimates including -
- Full account management, business development, be results driven and have proven year on year success and have the ability, drive and self motivation to be a success in this varied role.
- You will Formulate quotations, liaising with suppliers and negotiating discounts to enable tender documents and quotations to be priced as competitively as possible.
- The role involves organisation of and prioritising quotations as per company requirements, log /record quotations and chase main contractors / clients effectively securing client feedback to build historical data and when necessary, establish reasons for not winning jobs and re-quote and reduce prices where possible.
- Build upon relationships with main contractors / clients and win / increase market share.
- Pro-actively increase the Companies profile and exposure.
- Report confidently to senior management weekly on results achieved.
The ideal Estimator will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Wealth of knowledge and personal contacts within the flooring industry.
- Possess the skills required to digitise and analyse flooring plans and be experienced within the tendering process.
- Knowledge of tendering sites such as Builders Conference / Barbour advantageous.
- Good communicator, PC skills necessary as will be updating databases daily.
- A Team player.
In return you will receive a negotiable basic salary that our clients are confident will be "market leading" for the right candidate.
The role will be based at our clients Head Office in North East London.
For immediate consideration for this role please forward your CV Via the link on this page, or for a confidential discussion call Justin Kelly on 0844 4153054.
Carpet Roles UK are dedicated recruiters to the UK Carpet and Flooring Industry.