Established for more than 35 years, a South East based company with a vast client base ranging from health authorities and schools to all kinds of commercial & industrial businesses around London and the rest of the UK is seeking a Contract Flooring Estimator to join their expanding team. With their wealth of experience and expertise, they can competently undertake projects of all types and sizes in any aspect of flooring.
This role requires a high calibre applicant, with previous experience in the flooring / estimating sector and to have extensive knowledge of all types of flooring including timber, laminate, vinyl, linoleum, carpet, carpet tiles and ceramics etc. to work within our clients estimating team.As an Estimation Team Member you will:
The ideal Estimator will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Be responsible for account management, business development, be results driven and have proven year on year success and have the ability, drive and self motivation to be a success in this varied role.
- Formulate quotations, liaising with suppliers and negotiating discounts to enable our quotations to be priced as competitively as possible.
- Organise and prioritise quotations as per company requirements, log /record quotations and chase main contractors / clients effectively securing client feedback to build historical data and when necessary, establish reasons for not winning jobs and re-quote and reduce prices where possible.
- Build upon relationships with main contractors / clients and win / increase market share.
- Pro-actively increase the Companies profile and exposure.
- Report confidently to senior management weekly on results achieved.
- Wealth of knowledge and personal contacts within the flooring industry.
- Possess the skills required to digitise and analyse flooring plans and be experienced within the tendering process.
- Knowledge of tendering sites such as Builders Conference / Barbour advantageous.
- Good communicator, PC skills necessary as will be updating databases daily.
- Team player.
In return you will receive a negotiable basic salary in the region of £30000 - plus Bonus.
For immediate consideration for this role please forward your CV Via the link on this page, or for a confidential discussion call Justin Kelly on 0844 4153054.Carpet Roles UK are dedicated recruiters to the UK Carpet and Flooring Industry.