Bridge / Structures engineer wanted by client to join the the bridges / structures team
The successful engineer will have the following daily responsibilities:
- Inspecting bridges, underground structures and retaining walls to national and international standards, principally on highways / railways bridges and tidal flood defences.
- Provide guidance on structures maintenance proposals.
- Provide information for estimates for structural repairs.
- Prepare contracts for bid proposals from other consultants and contractors.
- Project manage third party consutlants / contractors / team members to ensure several projects can be progressed at once.
- Preparing inspection reports including maintenance activity recommendations and other deliverables for Structures schemes.
To be considered for this position we would like to hear from candidates with the following;
- Previous experience with structures inspection, with proven bridge inspection experience and identification of safety related defects.
- Your technical background will allow you to contribute towards the maintenance of steel, reinforced concrete and pre-stressed concrete transportation structures.
- A commitment to comply with Health and Safety at Work and meeting the needs of our Client.
- Have or be working towards CEng or IEng status. Significant previous experience may compensate for lack of suitablw qualification.
- Familiar with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB).
- Familiar with inspection practices and Bridge Condition forms.
- A good understanding of the basic mechanisms of structural deterioration and structure components.