A progressive and rapidly growing business, located between Bristol and Bath, is currently looking to recruit a Commercial Finance Analyst to join their commercial accounts team. This is a great opportunity to further your accounting career, moving into a role where you are not only playing on your management accounts experience but also offering commercial advice from a financial perspective.
The main purpose of the role is to analyse management accounts for different business units, providing comprehensive commentary and advice to non-financial senior managers. On top of this you will also have the opportunity to get involved in various projects. You will be acting in a business partnering capacity in this role, and will be advising on various scenarios such as capital investment, new service provision/feasibility and trend/variance analysis with recommendations for improvement. As such you will need to be a confident communicator and be able to extract information from the business unit’s figures.
Duties will include:
- Driving the profitability of the business units through detailed forensic analysis of all site profit and loss accounts to identify issues and opportunities, then with the Commercial Finance Manager, drive through actions and resolutions
- Ensuring that all key financial issues are highlighted and discussed with clear actions to resolve
- To challenge the management accounting team to deliver accounts to the required standard and accuracy
- Clear communication of complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders
- To assist with the calculation of performance related bonuses for the surgeries
- To assist with the creation and analysis of return on investment cases
- To assist with training surgeries on financial systems, reporting and techniques
- Project work as allocated by the Commercial Finance Manager, Group Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive - UK
Successful applicants will be qualified or studying towards their CIMA/ACCA/ACA, have management accounts exposure and have strong Excel skills. Experience working with both larger and smaller organisation would be advantageous as you will be reporting on smaller entities within a larger group.
Due to the nature of the role occasional travel to different business units will be required (1-2 times a month) so access to your own transport is advantageous.
For more information on this role please apply by sending us your CV.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.