Our Client, a successful company based in Bridgwater, are looking for a Purchasing & Planning Assistant to join their team.This is an exciting role, working in a small and busy team.
- To raise and process purchase orders
- Forward purchase orders to suppliers, in line with company processes and purchasing agreements
- Progress orders with suppliers to satisfactory conclusion
- Maintain computerized purchasing system
- Match invoices against orders, resolve issues, raise debit notes and chase credit notes
- Review and recommend changes to minimum stock and re-order levels
- Run, created and produce company reports and required
- Operate the production planning function under the direction of the materials and planning controller in the absence of the production planner
- Print and supply in house produced labels to satisfy production requirements
- Assist the materials and planning controller with annual inventory control and stock reconciliation processes
- Set up new supplier accounts
The ideal candidate will have previous purchasing and/or planning experience within a manufacturing environment, good working knowledge of excel, word and the ability to be firm with suppliers and third parties to negotiate strongly.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.